Author Topic: Musical Machine  (Read 6650 times)

Offline modeldozer

• Valencia, Spain
    • AJ´s Truckmodeling
Musical Machine
« on: August 15, 2011, 05:55:35 PM »
Hi all,

A friend send me this one. What I would call a real madmod.
Quote from his mail:
Read this first, then watch.  This is almost unbelievable. See how all of the balls wind up in catcher cones.

This incredible machine was built as a collaborative effort between the Robert M. Trammell Music Conservatory and the Sharon Wick School of Engineering at the  University of Iowa ....  Amazingly, 97% of the machines components came from John Deere Industries and Irrigation Equipment of Bancroft,  Iowa .  Yes, farm equipment.

It took the team a combined 13,029 hours of set-up, alignment, calibration, and tuning before filming this video but as you can see, it was well worth the effort.

It is now on display in the Matthew Gerhard Alumni Hall at the University and is already slated to be donated to the Smithsonian.

The Machine You Won't Believe

Cheers
Abraham

Offline Swarfing

Re: Musical Machine
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:01:55 PM »
 :clap:  :lol: No Jodas es a computer rendering mi amigo........
Once in hole stop digging.

Offline modeldozer

• Valencia, Spain
    • AJ´s Truckmodeling
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
Hi again,

Just Googled it, and sorry guys it is a computer animation and not areal "machine".  :( Still a very good animation.

Abraham

Offline Swarfing

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 06:27:01 PM »
No apologies needed Abraham just wished it was April the 1st and i enjoyed it a lot
Once in hole stop digging.

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:32:04 AM »
The company that came up with that is called Animusic. Here's a link to their website. I just love the music.  Animusic  :ddb:  :ddb:  :ddb:  :ddb:

The one you posted is called "Pipe Dream" They have samples on their site. Wait for the intro page to play the first song then click on the the "preview Animusci 1". Scroll down and you'll come to the song "Pipe Dream"

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Brian.G

• If you think you can, you will.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
Right lads, I know its been a while, but found this in a search, and there is indeed a real version,

Now.....I must introduce myself in the intro 'spot' Im a lurker for a LONG time, so its time I came out now and said hello :thumbup:

Brian.G!
If you think you can, you will.

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 11:08:35 AM »
Wow....  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline krankie frankie

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »
I am currently building a marble machine, so I was looking at what Youtube had for ideas and inspiration when I saw this vid. I looked at it for a minute or two and decided that no one could get those balls to bounce off so many different things and never miss. It certainly does not happen like that when I try to do it. TRUELY AMAZING. I think I will have to drive to Iowa to have a look.

frankie