Author Topic: FABRIS 250 Minor Cut Off Saw  (Read 37 times)

Offline philf

FABRIS 250 Minor Cut Off Saw
« on: Today at 11:40:27 AM »
Hi,
I'm just trying to get a Fabris 250 Minor cold cut-off saw working for a friend. He's ordered a new 25uF 450v capacitor which should get it running but the wiring is a complete mystery to me. Has anyone got a manual with circuit diagram? I found an online manual in Spanish which I ran a brilliant online translation on. Unfortunately the manual (although it references diagrams) has no diagrams whatsoever.
What bothers me is that the main on/off switch is between the control and the motor and not on the incoming mains. The start button latches a 24vac relay but there's no way to power it off completely without unplugging the mains plug.
As soon as you plug in the 230/24vac transformer is always powered up which doesn't feel at all right to me.
The main on/off switch is in a separate housing to the main control and I can't see any way that it has ever switched the incoming mains. There is a 2 speed version and maybe the switch, in the case of the two speed version, switches between the two speeds.
The wiring has obviously been messed with by someone who perhaps thought they knew what they were doing.
Hence why I'd like to see a diagram!
Cheers.
Phil.
Phil Fern