Author Topic: Electronic Height Gauge.  (Read 2609 times)

Offline GerryB

Electronic Height Gauge.
« on: December 23, 2012, 12:47:48 AM »
G.Day Each and a Merry Christmas.
For a number of years now i have been using a Vernier Height Gauge.
I first started using Height Gauges in the Aircraft Industry in Coventry UK.
They were the usual Vernier type of a small scale adjusted by a threaded button which allowed the scale to advance or retract until the correct measurement was obtained.
My Gauge is  of the more modern type whereby the scale (which is much larger) is moved continuously by turning a large knob on the side or for finer movement a small knob at the rear.
Now due to the age problem and ones eye sight not being as was when young i decided  to take a look at the Digital Height Gauge.
I have used a Digital Sliding Gauge for as long as they have been available and found them to be the  cats whisker.
First the information is larger and clear,Metric or Imperial some with Fractions which can be altered with the touch of a button.
So i decided on purchasing an 18" Dual Post type Digital Height Gauge from a guy in USA who advertised on eBay.
After trying to get information on the Postage in order to complete the transaction it transpires that he cannot Post to Australia due to Weight.
Back to the Drawing Board,go to Google and type in Electronic Digital Height Gauge.
Wonderful,plenty of contacts to view but the prices asked are very wide,from $4700.00 US
to $95.00 US.
But still no information on weather or not they will supply One,and at what cost.
Plenty of contacts from companies wishing to supply large quantities.
Its very frustrating.
I am wondering  if anyone out there has information on purchasing a Dual Post Digital type Height Gauge? at a fair price.
GerryB

Offline Deko

Re: Electronic Height Gauge.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 04:38:19 AM »
Hi Gerry
           Why not try one of the brit suppliers. No idea what shipping would be, but i know there are a fair few in the USA who buy from here with no complaints.  I have no connection with any of the following, just a satisfied customer.

www.arceurotrade.co.uk        www.warco.co.uk     www.rdgtools.co.uk

Cheers Dek.

Offline 9fingers

• Info on Induction motors (Heavily UK based!)
Re: Electronic Height Gauge.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »
Do you really need a dual post one? Dropping this requirement will open up a huge range of choices.
In addition to the suppliers quoted by the previous poster, also have a look at http://www.machine-dro.co.uk

Bob