Author Topic: Hello from Hertfordshire, UK  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Busted Bricks

Hello from Hertfordshire, UK
« on: November 04, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »
Hi

My name is Michael and I'm a serial modeller! I've been building and designing all sorts for things from an early age. My dad was in charge of all the audio/visual equipment at the school where he taught so all the old, broken tape recorders etc. he took home so I could take them apart. Over the years I have done R/C models, steam engines, military vehicles, motorcycles, recumbent bikes, electronics, robotics, woodworking and I'm sure there are a few I have forgotten.

I've worked a number of years in the Telco industry but lost my job back in June and have (foolishly) decided to go self-employed. My humble workshop is a container sited on a farm. No heating so it's getting bloody cold to work there. I have a small 60W CO2 laser, a Myford ML7 lathe and have just acquired an Adcock&Shipley milling machine.

I was born in 1968 so am approaching an age where I can call myself a grumpy old fart - at least my daughter seems to think so. I'm from Denmark but have lived in the UK since 2005. Before that we lived 4 years in Germany. I have also lived 2 years in Zambia and a year in the US.

Best regards,

Michael

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Hello from Hertfordshire, UK
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »
Hi Michael

Welcome to MadModder. I see that you have a well rounded list of experiences to work with so no doubt will have a well rounded skill set as well. That will also fit right in at MadModder as our members around the world have just about every imaginable skill-set. If you have any questions just ask as there is usually someone around to answer or at least give an opinion.

When you have the time if you could share some of your projects with the members I'm sure that they would be interested. We look forward to your continued participation in the MadModders forum.
:D :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Busted Bricks

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »
Currently all my activities are centered around making products for my shop. You can get an idea of what I'm working on by taking a look at my Youtybe channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/epilotdk

Michael

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »
hi and welcum