Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Heavy Duty Trolley for the Lister CS 6/1 Engine

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darren:
My home village. Officially it's a town but I keep calling it a village cos it's so small.

That's prob the worst direction to take a picture, (and trust me, that's not much slate, there is much much more around here) the other way is beautiful mountain ranges for mile upon mile....

Have a look here, amazing site of the area http://www.penmorfa.com/Slate/

I've been to most of the sites this chap has photographed.

Bernd:
Darren,

Haven't checked out the site you posted. Will do that after I write this reply.

:lol:                        :lol:                             :lol:                                :lol:                         
I now know what you meant by being sick. Anybody that tries and saves a bearing like that has got to be sick.

But then I did that too, once.  :doh:

Now, your pic of the home town. One question, where are the trees? I can't even see one in the village. :bugeye:

Bernd

Now on to the link you provided.

Edited: Just quickly scanned that site. Nice country, but quite barren of trees. I'm used to see lots of trees. Still though that's very pretty country.

SPiN Racing:
WOW Beautiful village.. but like.. with a mountain of slate behind it!

Are you not scared of slate slides???

I just picture California and how they have land slides all the time.. and Slate!!!  I would think it would slide quite freely.. LOL

Darren:
Bernd, there are trees in that picture, seems I'll have to blow it up for your aging eyes  :lol:

But, the area as a whole does lack them somewhat, it's a mixture of altitude in the high areas and free roaming rights of sheep in the lower parts. You see the buggers nip the tips right off saplings thus never giving them a chance.

We do have woodlands around, just not everywhere.

Spin, slate generally doesn't slide very well. You'd think it would, but it's heavy and locks together. Most of those heaps have been there a couple of hundred yrs. They have done all their sliding now.

Divided he ad:
Nice looking trolley Darren,

Don't worry non about being tight..... It's just the way some of us were raised. Try to fix everything before you replace it....  :dremel:

Now don't be offended but I've driven through Ffestiniog twice..... Both times it was raining (odd that for Wales ehh!!??)  I thought it was quite depressing being all gray and made of slate and all!

But those pic's show that when the sun is out it's there's some good stuff to see..... I want to see that place where the water is.... It doesn't name it in the pic?

I'll have to head that way in the week of summer we're due in about July  ::)   :D 

Are you going to replace the wood for wood or steel box section?

Just thought I'd get back on topic :thumbup:

Ralph.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version