Gallery, Projects and General > Oooops!

The latest boo-boo of mine

<< < (2/4) > >>

hopefuldave:
Came home years ago to find my dad apparently stuck to the lounge radiator...

Not the handiest of fellas, that skipped a generation, a few weeks previously he'd trapped the Hoover mains cable in a door so repaired it with a chocolate-block connector. Comes (20th) wedding anniversary and he spruces up the lounge with its brand new carpet (still shedding fluff) ready for a party and while hoovering flicks the cable around a chair - cable parts from choccy-block and apparently describes a beautiful arc across the room until the 240V live conductor meets the heating pipe to the radiator, blowing a neat 1/4" hole through the copper pipe and blowing the house fuse... He'd been stuck there with his finger stopping the hole for an hour by the time we got back!

Mind you, I'm the guy that dropped a hammer on his own head from two floors up, and slammed his head in a van door 3 times in one day!

(Ow!, that hurt!
How did I manage to do that? - Ow!
Goes home - tells wife "head hurts a bit"
- "why?"
- "slammed it in the van door"
-"how'd you manage that?"
-"leant on the armrest like this - Ow!"

Dave H. (the other one)

dsquire:

--- Quote from: hopefuldave on October 09, 2012, 05:54:20 PM ---Came home years ago to find my dad apparently stuck to the lounge radiator...

Not the handiest of fellas, that skipped a generation, a few weeks previously he'd trapped the Hoover mains cable in a door so repaired it with a chocolate-block connector. Comes (20th) wedding anniversary and he spruces up the lounge with its brand new carpet (still shedding fluff) ready for a party and while hoovering flicks the cable around a chair - cable parts from choccy-block and apparently describes a beautiful arc across the room until the 240V live conductor meets the heating pipe to the radiator, blowing a neat 1/4" hole through the copper pipe and blowing the house fuse... He'd been stuck there with his finger stopping the hole for an hour by the time we got back!

Mind you, I'm the guy that dropped a hammer on his own head from two floors up, and slammed his head in a van door 3 times in one day!

--- End quote ---

Dave

How does one manage to do this? This should be interesting.

Cheers  :beer:

Don

--- Quote ---(Ow!, that hurt!
How did I manage to do that? - Ow!
Goes home - tells wife "head hurts a bit"
- "why?"
- "slammed it in the van door"
-"how'd you manage that?"
-"leant on the armrest like this - Ow!"

Dave H. (the other one)

--- End quote ---

hopefuldave:
Think cracking a whip, when the whip's 20 feet of mains cable with a bodged choccy-block in the middle!

Re the van door, I am *NOT* doing it again....

Dave H. (the other one)

PeterE:
From your replies I understand that I am not alone in making accidental un-planned c**k-ups resulting in yet more activities to correct them (and sometime to a more or less significant cost). This time it was fairly cheap though  :thumbup:

So letīs hope it goes a long time before anything like this happens to any of us again.

BR

/Peter

Fergus OMore:
Really it is  Flanders and Swann- 'The gas man commeth'

Google it- turn up the sound-- and enjoy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version