Author Topic: Myford ML10 Travelling Steady ----Fingers & Fixings  (Read 5099 times)

Offline Meldonmech

Myford ML10 Travelling Steady ----Fingers & Fixings
« on: October 23, 2012, 02:08:24 AM »
The fingers were made in two parts and screwed together, due to me only having a small piece of bronze in stock.  All parts were blued after machining for added protection. The steady was assembled and tested and performed very well.

My next project is already in the pipe line. Broke the vice on the band saw, while holding the steady casting.!!!

One step forward two steps back.
                                                          David

Offline micktoon

Re: Myford ML10 Travelling Steady ----Fingers & Fixings
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:46:33 AM »
  Hi David , looks like a nice sturdy neat job there  :bow: :bow: , the fingers look good having just the bronze tips too , how did you screw them on , just it does not look much to screw into at the end of the steel part. Good luck with your vice..............the one step forward two steps back thing does actually happen to other people too then  :lol:.......I thought it was just me.

Cheers Mick.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:22 AM »
Hi Mick
             The steel part of the finger has a turned and screwed spigot, which mates with a tapped hole in the bronze.

Thanks  for your comments

David

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 09:10:27 AM »
Ok im curious.. why are you posting every step in a seperate thread??? =)
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/