Author Topic: Did I miss something?  (Read 11382 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Did I miss something?
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »
Did I miss something? When did the imminent danger of a Zombie attack, necessitate a special line of guns. I was at gander mountain yesterday looking for an air pellet varmint rifle, the raccoon is feeding out of the live trap, and only getting bigger. And the other day it went to attack the kitten that is in the back yard. Wife decided that it had to go either dead or alive (raccoon).
They had a large display of 4 or 5 shotguns and rifles. Zombie killer line I guess I should have bought that Striker 12 street sweeper with 3 of the round magazines when it was offered to me 10 years ago! I said something to somebody that was looking at them. He said that the U.S. government has a web site dedicated to  zombie preparedness. I guess I'm getting too old, but I am prepared for the idiots that think it could happen!   :doh:        :borg: Our tax dollars at work! even if it only $87.00 worth some of the comments are scarier than a zombie attack!   :bugeye: :jaw: :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:31:25 PM by PTsideshow »
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline jgroom

• Kansas USA
Re: Did I miss something?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 03:03:55 PM »
You can never be to careful when it comes to zombies.   :loco: :loco: :loco: :lol:

Cheers

Jeff

Offline Pete49

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:37:51 PM »
you having a loan of us PT? Surely no gov would be that silly?  :doh:
Pete
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 06:16:07 AM »
you having a loan of us PT? Surely no gov would be that silly?  :doh:
Pete

The point was to get disaster preparedness, out there and they did with that news release, it went viral. But the comments from some of the people are scarier than then the Zombies!  :lol:

At the sporting goods store they had Zombie targets, and they have 3-d type zombie target too!. I was told that it has become a popular theme shot contest at  some gun ranges.  :borg:

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline Pete49

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:18 AM »
and to think I was wearing garlic and carring silver bullets :doh: Gues I'll have to read up on zombie safety  :bugeye:
Pete
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
The chainsaw/door breaching shot gun looks like fun:o)

I think this all started with the movie Zombieland and the TV show The Walking Dead. :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:

There was also the incident in Florida this May. :bugeye:

So what did you end up getting Glen?
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
Gammo .177 Hornet break barrel with  4x32 scope 1200FPS, I added a flashlight and laser site to it since it will be night work! Funny thing is the raccoon hasn't been back that I have seen. And got another possum the other night and moved them to the river park area. So it sort of worked and never fired a shot  :clap: Haven't had a chance to sight in the scope and laser yet.
http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?productID=419

The guy at Dick's sporting goods said they have them on sale $30.00 cheaper than the big cat version it looks to be the same gun. And only 50FPS less. Biggest draw was that it is made in their own factory in Spain and not the same factory that most other brads are made in the Crossman factory in China. Evidently the same complaints about air guns as with tools.

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 08:03:49 PM »
All this zombi hype is mostly about retailers selling more black rifles ( AR 15 style ) with a load of useless ad ons to clutter up the picatinny rails they have on them, so the customer ends up with a light wallet and a heavy rifle he cant shoulder or shoot because of all the gear that gets bolted to it  :loco: :loco: :loco:

ATB
Michael

tumutbound

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 04:15:27 AM »
Following the advice on the CDC site could get you on a terrorist watch list.

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/09/10/1441229/following-femas-zombie-preparedness-plan-could-land-you-on-terrorist-list

Your choice, DHS or Zombies?