The Cork Board > Vendor Specials and Announcements

Electronics for The Weston Bye Magnetic Clock

(1/2) > >>

Weston Bye:
As a service and convenience to readers of Digital Machinist magazine, I have made arrangements to offer printed circuit boards,parts kits and assembled and tested assemblies for the Magnetic Clock.

The bare board is $15.00
The kit of parts including the board is $35.00
The assembled and tested board is $50.00
All prices are postpaid USA.  Additional postage required outside the USA.

You may PM me through this BBS or e-mail me direct at wcbye@sbcglobal.net, or postal mail at P.O.Box 811 Grand Blanc MI 48480  USA

The circuit will work with the Magnetic Clock featured in the Winter 2011, Spring and Summer 2012, and upcoming Fall and Winter 2012 issues of Digital Machinist magazine.  Also, it will work in the Time Machinery clock presented in the Winter 2006 and Spring and Summer 2007 issues.  Back Issues, Photocopies and Subscriptions are available from Village Press.
https://secure.villagepress.com/store/items/list/group/177

Brass_Machine:
Hi Weston...

I am going to buy one in a few week.s

Eric

George_Race:
That is a real bargain Weston, will have a check in the mail next week.

If you get a chance, take a look at my movie of my clock build coming to life.  Posted it earlier this evening.  It is on this site as well as on the Digital Machinist site.

Take care,
George

Weston Bye:
I am now offering Coil winding service to the Digital Machinist readers building the Magnetic Clock:  the cost is $20.00 postpaid, USA.

In addition to winding the coils on your bobbins, I will terminate the magnet wire on the diode and install the stranded leadwires.

This excersize has demonstrated to me the significance of the phrase "shipping and handling", as I have measured the time to package, prepare a shipping label and schlep it off to the post office.

You may PM me through this BBS or e-mail me direct at wcbye@sbcglobal.net, or postal mail at P.O.Box 811 Grand Blanc MI 48480  USA

Weston Bye:
Sad to say, I have had to increase the price for winding bobbins to $30.00.

I have found that I am not able to get as many coils out of a spool of purchased magnet wire as I expected, and at the $20 price I was operating at less than the cost of materials, packaging and postage.  The new price will cover all that and a little for my time.

Now, if the price of copper doesn't rise...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version