The Shop > Tools

Ball Turner ala Divided he ad

<< < (2/2)

SPiN Racing:
HA HA HA HA HA Thats Excellent!!!

Ya know.. when I bought my lathe.. I had been working on my wife for around 3 YEARS... prepping her for the expense. (I bought the Mill about 6 months after the lathe.. had to get it while she was pliable for things like that)

I tried to convince her I needed a lathe that could spin a 16" item... because I might want to turn some brake rotors, or rotor hats.. or possibly a rim...........

And she didnt buy it for a second.

The price of that level of lathe also made her laugh in my face, pat me on the forehead and say Sure honey.

Thats whay I get for marrying a woman I used to take to the.... ?illegal? motorcycle races with me.. and she could name the bikes from 100 meters faster than I could. She also was crewing on a friends race team with me at 7 months pregnant.

ahhh the good old days.

bogstandard:
In this case Bernd, I will let you off. Only because it worked for you though.

Lovely work on the BT and the results look spectacular.

Mine is only in rough shapes at the moment, but hopefully some time this year it will get finished.
Unfortunatley, my crappy lathe doesn't have T-slots, so I had to come up with another way of mounting to give me room to manoeuvre and don't know yet if it will be rigid enough.

John

Bernd:
Feeeewu, thanks John, I'll not make that mistake again.

That BT is all aluminum. I'd like to make one from steel with a thrust bearing under it. Right now there's a bit of slop in the tool, but it get's the job done.

I'm sure you'll figure something out for your lathe. You seem the inventive type that can problem solve when it comes to model engineering. :thumbup:

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version