Home Base > Announcements & Issues

YouTube Button, Again.......

<< < (3/3)

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: AdeV on June 07, 2012, 05:37:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Stilldrillin on June 07, 2012, 03:52:31 PM ---So...... The Youtube button needs youtube, not youtu.be, that youtube are putting into the link which they supply........  :scratch:

--- End quote ---

In fairness, that's not YouTube's fault, it's the SMF (Simple Machines Forum) YouTube button patch/addon that's not working properly. It may have been patched by now to cope with youtu.be links, if not, I might be able to do some jiggery pokery to it to make it behave - Eric, I'll drop you a line if I get a chance to do that.

--- End quote ---

That's a fair assessment. The creators of the YouTube button are not even SMF (the boards software) employees...

I will have to check to see if there is an update.

raynerd:
Just to drag this up rather than create a new thread as its only a minor request.

Is there any update for the YouTube link button. The issue of the mobile link URL or full link use to be a problem on all forums but now, all seem to accept any valid YouTube link to display the video. Also, I find it displays slightly odd. The videos are in a small frame considering the size of the thread post/message area and then shows the link in a weird position right next to it.

It's no big deal but would be nice to update if there is a simple fix/upgrade for it.

If you are on a desktop I expect there is little issue but isn't great for a mobile device, which I am on 99.9% of the time when on this forum.

Cheers  :mmr:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version