The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

EMCO UNIMAT PC BASIC==SMASHED GEARS

(1/2) > >>

Daveinlondon:
SHOT IN THE DARK TOP GEAR FOR ABOVE....27.30MM DIA...43T ...2.03 PITCH ??....ICAN FIND 30MM & 25MM AND I HAVE LOOKED AROUND THE WEB WITH OUT LUCK  :hammer: AND I DONT HAVE THE GEAR TO CUT GEARS AND THEY HAVE TO TAKE A 10MM BELT DONT MIND JOINING TWO GEARS TOGETHER REALY WANT THEM IN ALI.....PRICE QUOTED £157.00 APROX IN PLASTIC WHICH KEEPS ON BREAKING AS THIS IS A STACK OF THREE GEARS THE FIXING GRUB SCREW IS IN THE CENTRE OF THE MIDDLE GEAR

MOTIONCO HAVE THE LOWER & CENTRE GEAR NOTHING FOR THE TOP GEAR.... I stand before the forum on bended knee... :wack:

andyf:
Hi Dave,

If you are asking about a gear rather than a toothed pulley, the dimensions (43T, 27.3mm OD) are pretty close to those for a (metric) Mod 0.6 gear.

Go here: http://www.hpcgears.com/products/spur_gears.htm and at the bottom left select "Metric(MOD)" in the drop-down box. Then, in the same box, select size as "0.6 MOD". That gets you to a list of steel Mod 0.6 gears. Looking at the initial paragraph, you probably want the PG (no boss) style. Scroll down to find a 43T at £9.89 (plus VAT, probably).

They also do them in brass, Tufnol and Delrin (but not aluminium)  according to the heading, but you  will probably have to give them a call about those. 

Hope this helps.

Andy

clivel:
Hi Dave,
From your description, I guess that you are looking for the motor pulley which is a three sectioned toothed belt pulley? If so, it is Emco part number A4A 000 140.
Have you tried contacting http://www.emcomachinetools.co.uk I have found them very helpful when looking for spares or accessories for my lathe. I think that the newer pulleys are metal not plastic, because when I bought my lathe second hand it came with a box full of bits and pieces which included a spare metal pulley, although the original plastic one is still in excellent condition.

Daveinlondon:
Thanks for the info guys..I have spoken to Emcomachinetools and this part has not been available for many years...Tnx clivel.....andyf this is a toothed belt pulley it was made by HPC and the company I work for paid for it, I only selected Ali as I experemented sticking two lumps of Ali together with Locktite-Green and it stuck firm, I will have a look at HPC web site...Big THANK YOU to the forum   :wack:

Fergus OMore:
Why not join YahooGroups Unimat site? I recall that the late Rex Tingey's excellent  book  is filed there.

Lots of tooling for the little Uni and how to gear cut with one.

How do I know? I have a MJ-189 which is a Uni 'clone'

Cheers

Norman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version