The Shop > Composites & Plastics

3D Printing. How to (And not to)

<< < (5/5)

ParCan:
Hi tumutbound

In my first post I said:

"BEFORE you ask: "Can I 3d print with my Mill ?"
Can your mill move at 100 mm / sec, change direction, move back at 100mm/sec, rinse and repeat for hours on end ?
A Mill is built to be precise with speed and agility as a secondary factor. A 3D printer needs to be fast and agile."

If your mill / Router can do this then go ahead and give 3D Printing a go.
If it's got a Lead screw drive, somehow I think that you will not get very far.

I have no desire to stifle ideas and development, but experience of many others who have tried and failed is often the best way to learn.

ParCan

yorkie_chris:
I went to see Chris/Nophead yesterday, I was well impressed with his Mendel90 machine and think I'm going to have a go at making one very similar but slightly upscaled to hopefully give a 250x250 build area.

yorkie_chris:
Decided not to bother with the enlarged build area, got parts set and wood for a mendel90/sturdy config with the standard build area.

There's a place in peterborough does the complete set, sanguinlolu electronics, steppers, heated build platform for £170 ish, the wood was £1.50 :) and the printed parts £70 from nophead.

Should be just a hot end to buy then :)

sshire:
I had been seriously considering the RepRap build on then I saw this at a trade show.
0.3mm resolution, 150mmx150mmx150mm build area. Runs out of the box. About 300 GBP
May be the next purchase from the tooling fund.

http://store.solidoodle.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=56

Best
Stan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version