The Shop > Tools

Mill stop....

(1/5) > >>

Divided he ad:
Take two.... No, you never saw take one!! I wrote the whole post and accidentally hit the backspace at the wrong time (clicked on the preview screen then hit it!!!) lost the lot!  :doh:    :bang:

Oh well,  Here goes .....

I finally decided last night was the night for a mill stop to be born. If I'm ever going to get competent and repetitive results when trying to make multiple identical parts, I'm going to be helped a lot by one of these!  :thumbup:

I've seen expensive ones on e-blag and also a very useful one that looks a little old and battered, belongs to a member of the forum.... spends a lot of time like this  :coffee:.....( But replace the paper with a ciggy!   :) )

Both are very obviously capable of doing the same thing.... It's not rocket science! It's a sticky out thing that can be held firmly in one spot to butt your work upto!!

Anyhow.... Here is the one I made last night (couldn't post it then.... too tired!) Abbreviated photo selection, don't think many people would appreciate all 25?!

Couldn't resist a little styling  :ddb: 

If anyone wants to view the rest of the pic's then here's the link (be careful.... If you wander off into my albums you may not be heard of for a few hours.... There's loads a pic's in there!!!)

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/dividedhead/Workshop%20tools/Mill%20stop/

Ralph.

Darren:
Nice job Ralph, wish I could mill as neat as that...

Can you tell us how you hold the device down securely, it's not quite clear in the pics

sbwhart:
Nice one Ralph.

It'll pay you back in time saved.

I didn't know you were into bling, :ddb:   nice shiny job to boot.

Cheers

:wave:
Stew

Divided he ad:
Thanks guys  :)

Darren,

Are you on about the slots or the finish?  Cause the finish is not that good in real life.... A lot of elbow grease is employed with some emery in front of it!!

If you look closely at the bottom 2 pic's you should be able to see the clamp (standard mill work clamp) with a threaded stud through it into a 'T' nut in the the 'T' slot of the mill. (middle of the second to last and bottom right of the last pic.)

I made a block for the back support of the clamp out of an off cut of the base material. 

Stew,

I'm hoping the tool will help half as much as John said they do :)   

Bling..... No not me, I'm into "styling"  completely different concept.... It just happens to involve shiny metal  :thumbup:

Ralph.

Bernd:
Ralph, you got style. :headbang:

I like the bling. I'd say you have the makings of an heirloom mill stop there.  :clap:

Bernd

P.S. put your intials in the bottom and a date you made it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version