Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Lister 6/1 Genset

(1/16) > >>

Darren:
Hi, Just bought a Lister 6/1 genset,

No idea of condition, price was right so if need be it will be stripped and rebuilt.

I've seen so many of these last of late, some running, some sat in fields, some out on the side of the road !! And a few other beautiful types of engines all fully restored. All in my home village. But could I get anyone to part with one.... :bang:

Finally I have, well he did have six of the 6/1's plus a few other types knocking around the "garden" would you believe...
Collect on Sunday....

Oh and I've seen a few cracking workshops too. Can't say I've made any friends though as peeps tend to be a bit suspicious of starngers ooin' an' arin' at their prized machinery..!!
Quite right too...I'd be the same

This is the type
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q0VCoX9L75I

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tQZ2Fds-924&feature=related

Darren

sbwhart:
Great Find Darren  :thumbup:

Look forward to the rebuild.

Cheers
 :wave:

Stew

Darren:
Bit of a day out, all of about two miles away  :lol: collecting the lister.

Here you can see the one we've picked out from the three you can see in this picture. There were other engines out of shot too...

Meet Emyr, my helper for the day...

Now let me tell you how much these weigh,
A lot more than I had imagined !! These things are seriously heavy. Two of us couldn't even pick the genny up never mind anything else.
Lots of heaving, pry bars, rollers and winches and we had the bugger cornered....

Chap was kind enough to lend me his trailer, the winch on it really helped enormously..

We let the trailer tilt backwards to let gravity help us. The engine is on a small trolley and restrained by the trailers winch, Letting it down slowly and gently was the key.

Now she's safely down and we can relax......

Bernd:
I'm a bit jealous of you there Darren.

People here in the states would go crazy over something like that. They'd use it to generate their own power. By the way is that a diesel engine?

Bernd

sbwhart:
Hi Darren

Good find pleased to see you got the weighty problem sorted  :wave: it's all about planning getting the right kit and taking it slowly great job  :clap:

Now get stripping it down  :poke:

Cheers
 :wave:
Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version