The Shop > Tools

One for Ralph

<< < (2/4) > >>

bogstandard:
Ralph,

Just taking a fag and coffee break.

I am half way thru pressure testing. The requirement is for leakfree at 30 PSI, I am wacking them up to over 100 PSI and haven't had a single leak yet. So it looks like the ground spindle tips rather than turned ones really work.

Then it is just a matter of inhibiting with steam oil, baggin' 'em up and into the snailmail this afternoon.

John

bogstandard:
Finished and on their way.

I don't do line up bits, but here they are in a box, covered in steam oil ready to jump in the zip locks. See first pic.

The only thing not made out of bar were the tiny cast handles (silver soldered on) and a 001 silicon o-ring internally. All dimensions were held to 0.001", so all parts are totally interchangeable. The sticky out bit on the side was machined up and silver soldered into position. Spindle is stainless and the body and side thread are made from Colphos. The nuts on the bottom are made from brass hex.

And to cure Bernds fetish for fingerprints, the second shot shows that I am not anonymous, but do in fact have paw prints.
The spindle surfaces actually look a bit rough, but it is precision ground on the end, it is just that it is covered in steam oil.

The engines above are rather special, they are coal fired G gauge, rather than gas or spirit fired, which is the normal method of raising steam.

Bogs

Divided he ad:
Good job that man!!  :clap:

Now that has released some hobby time ehh....?  Well, after a hard earned rest that is  :thumbup:

I think this is meant to be used at times like these?? .....   :ddb:   

Looks just like you in the kitchen in your slippers.... :lol:

Ralph.

sbwhart:
Nice Job John  :thumbup:

Cheers

Stew

bogstandard:

--- Quote ---Now that has released some hobby time ehh....? 
--- End quote ---

Yep, one days rest, then onto Darren's lathe.

Hobby is still about four or five jobs away, so if I can get them done, then little engines to be made.

Bogs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version