The Craftmans Shop > Radio Control Models

Small belt drive for model boat

(1/5) > >>

HS93:
Hi a friend has asked me to build a gear drive for his boat , one thing he wants is a good motor mount hat can also revert to direct drive so we can do back to back tests, I started today to make the main mounting plate, this has two positions fo the motor which is a water cooled 700bb race type motor, first you can use it for direct drive and by moving the motor ove and inserting a bearing holder you can have 2,1-1 so able to get a bit more eficency out of it heare a a few pictures of it so far, I started by drilling the motot holes with a step drill then finnished them of with my trusty boring head, I am getting better at using it , I only get half the noise and smoke I did when I started.
I have made the bearing holder that drops in the motor hole and locates as the motor would . there is a picture of yh mock up of how it will look I have to make theside mounts that will hold it in place.
I will put a link on to show the boat as it sails now , we are hoping for similar speed but a better run time

Peter :coffee:

HS93:
A few more pictures, Ill post the finnishe unit in the next few days I hope.
Peter

Brass_Machine:
Very cool. I am sure you are better with a boring head than I am. I would like to see pictures of this mounted up.

Eric

Darren:
Very tidy,

What's that piping around the motor, a heat exchanger?

rleete:
Water cooling jacket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version