Author Topic: Sieg scandinavia?  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Kjelle

Sieg scandinavia?
« on: December 21, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »
Hi all!
Does anybody know what has happened to Sieg's scandinavian website/webshop? Tried to access it, and apparently it's down and removed, last week it was just black, with no explanations...

I tried the chinese home page and didn't get to it from there either, and their Swedish agent (Luna), although they list a few machines, are about twice as expensive as Sieg-Scandinavia...

Pity, as I am in the market for a C2/C3 sized lathe, and they are very rare here (almost only bigger one's, like Blomqvist or Myford, crops up in the online ads), or are sold by companies that have had bad rewievs on some Swedish forums... (no, I won't mention who they are, second-hand information and so on). Yes, I know of others too, but they are expensive!

Oh, well, back to checking the Blocket and Tradera sites again, and keeping an eye on the British retailers (Amadeal, Warco, and Arc)...

By the way, anyone using a BV 20 IL? I know they are bigger, but turns up from time to time, and has had a bad rep, due to buyers not cleaning and adjusting them before use (or are they as bad as some say?). No accessories except for carbide tools and a QCTP in the importers catalogue...

Kjelle

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
Re: Sieg scandinavia?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 03:10:09 AM »
As far as i know, http://www.smaskin.se/web/Produkter/Svarvar-0817.aspx is the only place in Sweden to buy Sieg machines right now - but i can be wrong.

I was in the market for a lathe until a couple of weeks ago. I went with a Optimum Machines from Automatic-Production. I must say i really like the quality on these machines. You could also import a Lathe from top-maschine.de if you wanted too, but Automatic and Top have been forced to equalize their prices so it's not really much of a big save there.
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Offline jihe

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 05:33:08 AM »
I bought my C3 from Verktygsstallet some years ago, with delivery by Bussgods: http://www.verktygsstallet.se/svarv.htm

Offline Kjelle

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »
Thanks, guys, I'll check them out.

According to Sieg's home page, Luna is their agent now...

Kjelle

Offline Henning

• All the kit and no clue!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 04:00:45 PM »
Thanks, guys, I'll check them out.

According to Sieg's home page, Luna is their agent now...

Kjelle

Their imported into Norway by several others as well as Luna, though, so shouldn't be impossible to get one from someone else?
Here's one Norwegian site, but since you are in the EU, it seems much more sensible to buy from Germany or some such...
Henning

Just because i can't, doesn't mean i shouldn't?
Tool- lover, with a collection to show for it!

Offline PeterE

• Gothenburg
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
I got my C3 lathe from Arc in UK a few years ago.  Cost less than i Sweden including the freight and it works really well.

BR

/Peter
Always at the edge of my abilities, too often beyond ;-)

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 06:17:33 AM »
Kjelle,

I just checked. I believe that SIEG Scandinavia is closing/closed. It is/was an independent company which was not owned in any way by SIEG.  Perhaps, the guys who ran that business thought it was easy to buy and sell machines....probably without knowledge of machines, backup and support.

Reading your comment, I would also like to clarify that Amadeals machines are not from SIEG, and Warco carries may be one or two of SIEGs machines, and Warcos mini lathes are not from SIEG. It does not mean that they are any better or worse than SIEGs machines. It is just a clarification of fact.

In Sweden, Schuchardt Maskin AB - www.smaskin.se is a recognised SIEG dealer, and perhaps in the first instance, you should consider them for your SIEG machine requirements. If they fail to meet your needs, you may wish to consider other distributors in the E.C., including ourselves :-), as mentioned by Peter.

Ketan at ARC.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 06:43:53 AM by ketanswali »
Ketan @ ARC