Home Base > Introductions

New boy on the block

(1/5) > >>

mickn:
Hi everyone.
              I am Mick. I served my time in the apprentice school at the Ford Motor Co in Dagenham.I am now retired and thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. I now have a little workshop with a small lathe and small milling machine.
 These are giving me great pleasure and make me use some of the small skills  I learnt 50 years ago.I am a bit rusty but like riding a bike a lot of it is coming back to me.  Stew (SBWHART) told me about this site and I must say it looks very good! As well as picking up a few ideas maybe  I will be able to contribute myself. I recognise a few names from the Chester forum. I  recently made  power drives for my vertical slide and horizontal table feeds on my milling machine. I did this using two car windscreen wiper motors and the PSU out of my old computer. They both work a treat and I am  pleased with the results.

Brass_Machine:
Hey Mick!

Welcome to the collective!  :borg:

Would love to hear more about your power drives.

:worthless:

This is a great place to be. We are pretty easy going here.

Eric

Mjay:
 Welcome aboard Mick. The guys here are friendly and helpfull, a rarity among all the internet forums.

I would also like to see how you built your power feeds.

Darren:
Well Mick,
I think you're gonna become popular real quick. Car winscreen power feeds....bring it on...... :headbang:

Oh, welcome to the forum btw....hope you enjoy it here.. :mmr:

Bernd:
Welcome Mick,

I'm sure you'll like it here. Diverse ideas are welcome as are questions and answers, so join in the fun of it all.

And  :mmr:

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version