Gallery, Projects and General > Neat Stuff

An unlikely addition for your workshop

<< < (2/3) > >>

John Stevenson:
Does anyone know how you get a slide rule to connect via wifi ?

I have tried it with the slidy bit right in, right out and the plastic bit to the left.

JS

sbwhart:
I'm still trying to change the batteries in my abacus.

bogstandard:
Ralph, I think you are mixing up John S with Stew (look at the original poster). Time to get yourself off the wine gums.

It definitely looks to be a handy bit of kit, but you know what I am like, if it isn't there to earn a living, it don't get in, unless it is a freebie.

Will give it a good dose of looking at though.

Bogs

bogstandard:
Gave it a looksee, and came to the conclusion it wasn't for me.

I've got an old steam powered mobile phone, and I can't even use that properly, so there is no way I would use all of this machines facilities. I've got ten thumbs, and can't recite the alphabet because I have forgotten the words to the tune. But to someone a little more forwards looking and PC than myself, I am sure it would be a good addition to their workshop machinery.

I will stick to my notebook, pencil and C-o-C.

Bogs

rleete:
Agreed.

A while back a friend showed me a pocket PC type thing that was given to all the guys where he works.  After demonstrating it, all I could thing was that I do the same stuff with pad and pencil for a lot cheaper.  And, if I drop it, it still works!  Gotta learn to sketch before learning CAD anyway.

I'm no technophobe (actually a bit of a computer geek), but there's a limit to how many gadgets I want to carry around with me.  Bonus that I can't be called while I'm on break or in the men's room.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version