The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Loved ones

(1/6) > >>

Darren:
Sorry John, all....

Been a bit qiuet tonight, my cat which I'm fond of was hit by a car tonight so I've spent the night in the vets. Wasn't looking too good for a while but then she started to respond after a while.

Got to wait till the morning now, she might loose an eye though as it came out and might be damaged.
Fingers crossed..... :(

Brass_Machine:
Fingers crossed Darren.

I am one for our furry family members, esp cats. Let us know.

Eric

bogstandard:
Sorry to hear about the accident to your loved one, been there, many times.

If she does make a reasonable recovery, and I do hope she does, unlike ourselves, our pets have a natural survival instinct, and the loss of a few assets usually has no effect on their quality of life.

Our mog has no right hand hip joint because of a run in with a car, but he still does everything he used to do, just like he still had it.

Just wish her luck.

John

Baldrocker:
Only 8 lives now.
But they do bounce back really well.
BR

Darren:
Thanks Guys,

Call from the Vets says she's stableised  pretty well overnight, purring this morning and trying to move about. The eye is still out, swollen too much to pop it back in. It's not looking too good for saving it, have to wait some more on that one.

Arn't they amaizing, both animals and Vets. I'd given her up for dead last night. It's a half hour drive to the Vets, what with phone calls and sorting it all out it took an hour after the accident to get there. I almost didn't go, thinking she would let go any moment as she seemed so bad.

But, something tells you that you simply have to do the best you can for these creatures, nothing worse than suffering is there. Having suffered a far bit myself about 20yrs ago ending up in a real bad way for a while.
So I took her just to end her misery as humanly and quickly as poss.

Anyways, she's looking a lot better this morning and hopefully it won't be too long before she's back home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version