Author Topic: exhibition  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Deko

• In Memoriam
exhibition
« on: November 14, 2011, 03:52:56 PM »
Hi Folks
            At last,  at last,  at last,  A brand new exhibition in the north west ( U.K. )   A new model engineering exhibition, in a new venue, it's at Eventcity right next to the Trafford center in Manchester.  I hope loads of folk will go so they make it an annual event. It's on March 2nd-3rd-4th  2012, and if you need an excuse to go, you can tell the wife you will take her to the Trafford center for the day !!!!   More info at www.eventcity.co.uk   I have no connection with the organizers, I am just very glad someone has finaly found that the north west exsists.        WEY  HEY !

Cheers   Dek

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: exhibition
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:42:38 PM »
I'll put that in my diary, Dek - I'm only five miles away. I hope a list of trade exhibitors appears in due course, so I can make up a shopping list.

I've looked at the map on EventCity's website. I suppose it's where their "e" logo appears. Was that the building previously occupied by some sort of a doomed-to-fail museum?

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 05:09:59 AM »
Dek,

You beat me to it!....

I was going to ask the question about a new venue in the NW as I'd heard a rumour at the local boat club....You have now confirmed it for me  :thumbup:

I was also told that this event may replace the Harrogate show as many have said it is too costly...Any comment on this rumour?
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 07:45:42 AM »
I very much doubt it will replace Harrogate as that's one of the cheapest shows for the traders to stand.

Be interesting to see who's attending as I have been told the 4 big players are not going due to expense and too many shows diluting the scene.
John Stevenson

Offline Deko

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 04:05:46 PM »
Hi Folks
            John, i think it would be a great shame if the " big four " did not attend, Chester UK's head office is only around 40 miles away, and Warco have a branch in Warrington which is just down the road.  I know nothing of the cost of exhibiting at these venues, but having been in business for most of my working life, i do know the value of keeping your name in the public eye.  Of all the folk i know in this part of the country none attend any of the London shows ( rip-of land ), and since the midland show moved from donnington to Leamington, very few bother to go to that one. That only leaves Harrogate for us northeners ( including Scotland, and north Wales )  I would also be thinking, if I were still in business, that the venue being right next to the Trafford center, would encourage more visitors as all those gents wishing to go would have no trouble persuading the wife to spend the day at the Trafford center. Still i am no longer in business so what the heck do i know.

Cheers  Dek   

P.S. Nice job on the new blocks John,  I will buy loads from Arc if i see them there. LOL