Author Topic: Emco compact 8 help  (Read 5790 times)

Offline krv3000

Emco compact 8 help
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:55:09 PM »
HI all can any of you help my compact 8 is mising its roler tensherner I no that I can by a new one but why by what you can mack can any one provid me with good detald pics or drorings of the roler and the dimenchons of it in MM
and dus the roler have a bush bering in the center ie a oil light bush any info wood be gratful     from bob

Offline dickda1

Re: Emco compact 8 help
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:02:27 PM »
You might check here:

http://www.emcomachinetools.co.uk/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=jsr1EnznjKY%3d&tabid=260&language=en-GB

Looks to me that it has a bush rather than a bearing.

Bought a used Compact 8 for very cheap once - the cost of replacement parts took my breath away.  I suspect the term Emco could be translated as "To overcharge for no reason".

-Dick
sunny (mostly) San Francisco, land of looney people, sane politics and occasional earthquakes.

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »
Looking at page 7 in the link Dick gave, there seems to be a radial hole on the top of the stud the roller rides on. That leads me to think there may be an axial hole down the stud, so you are supposed to force oil down the axial hole somehow, and thence into the radial one to lube a plain bushed bearing. On page 8, there's no mention of a roller bearing in the parts list.

The size of the tensioning roller shouldn't matter too much. I'd make it fairly large, to reduce its speed of rotation, and (if it bears on the back of the belt) to reduce the reverse curve it gives to the belt. It would do no harm to fit a ball bearing, either.

Andy

Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »
HI dick thanks for the hellp  thats the same manuwhel that i have. HI andy if you look at the pic of the tensioner ther is grooves in it  and in the parts manuwel its listed as a roller yep ther is a oil hole with one of them spring loded ball bering oilers in it i no i can mack sumthing up that wood do the job but if im gowing to mack one i rather mack one that is the same as the origenel one as dick says the sper parts for thes lathes are out of this world i have meny pics that i have geten from the net of the roller in acshon  pics