The Craftmans Shop > Backyard Ballistics

Webley Service Air Rifle MKII

<< < (2/6) > >>

johnbaz:
Crumbs Jerry

Your mk2 Service rifle is in fantastic condition  :drool: :drool:

Mine's a bit... er.. more worn  :doh:

I only have the 22 barrel and the ball from my bolt has been snapped off but I have the drawings to make a new one- I can't dop this until I can clear my garage out to get to the lather though  ::)

Cheers, John  :beer:

GerryB:
G.Day John,
No i have not forgotten you,many thanks for the information on your Webley II.
I think its in very good condition.
You must remember that these rifles were well used by the Army for training purposes for which they were made.
The cost of production would not have made them a  competitive unit in comparison with the many units imported at the time so if the Army had not placed an order for them i do not think we would be looking at any of them now.
It must be remembered that these units came back to England in the luggage of retiring personal from the old Empire.
I remember when i lived in Stratford on Avon that the units came on the market at quite a high price from Gentleman who had retired from the Indian Army.
Look after it,it will not be replaced.
GerryB

GerryB:
I do not know what has happened to the Photo's of the Webley II that i had included at the end of my article but i do not seem to be able to see them.
The Photo's of Johns Rifle are ok.
I have tried to view them,but i have failed.
Maybe i will have to load them up again.
GerryB

spuddevans:
Hi Gerry,  I think that there has been a problem with some of the attached images when we moved to a new server and also to the updated forum software. Eric's been working on solving the few glitches like this one.

Tim

andyf:
Looks like they were casualties of the recent change of server, Gerry. Think of them as a sacrifice for the greater good of the forum.

They seem to have been sent as attachments; had you loaded them on Photobucket or similar and included their IMG codes in your posts, they would probably still be visible.

Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version