Author Topic: steam vehicle  (Read 17650 times)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Re: steam vehicle
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »
His three cylinder wobbler seems to have a need to build up a bit of steam before it goes when it encounters a small knoll to roll over. I wonder if a valved engine such as a triple, wouldn't need to be an expansion though, would work better?

Boy I'm tempted to start one of those right now, but I've got many irons in the fire now.  :(  Maybe next winter season.  :coffee:

Waiting with great anticipation for the next installment.  :ddb:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline cfellows

• In Memoriam
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 09:21:49 PM »
I'm going to gear mine down more than the one in the video.  I've had a few email exchanges with prallplatt​e and he thinks the overal gear ratio on his is aboug 12 to 1.  I'm thinking closer to 20 to 1, maybe higher.

Also, I noted that his boiler had two burners.  I'm only planning for 1. 

Chuck

Offline -steves-

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 02:43:17 AM »
After watching the video, you just have to be impressed with what he has done with it.......however....it needs a bigger engine or at least a more powerful engine than whats in it, and even as it is it is very slow no matter what gearing. A case a matching a powerful engine to the frame. Dont get me wrong, i wouldn't know where to start on the steam side, but the RC side, its way underpowered, a small stone could stop it, let alone an incline, such a shame IMHO :(

As i said, still very impressive, now he just needs to buy some other paint than pink   :bugeye:

Looking forward to seeing this one grow  :)
very new to all this....

Offline Ronkh

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
Hi Chuck,

Any progress on this steam vehicle?

Kind regards,

Ron. (UK)
Just me!