Author Topic: Myford  (Read 16642 times)

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
Re: Myford
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 09:04:54 AM »
I have just got back from Myfords, spoke to Chris Moore and RDG who are there in force clearing out.

Bottom line is that RDG have bought all the spares and anything other than machines that is not bolted down, this includes the contents of the fitting shop, inspection and other departments. They have also bought all the jigs and fixtures.

They have also purchased the drawings and intellectual rights of the company.

They have bought / rented another 3,000 sq ft warehouse to put all this in and will be running this as a separate company. They will still sell the Indian imports but as imports and run a two tiered system to supply all needs. This direct face to face from RDG this morning.

What is on sale to the public are all the Myford lathes, millers and a few drilling machines plus the contents of the shop and secondhand accessories, vises, boxes of cutters odd collets etc.

The items are all priced up as of 12:30 today but not the machines but I was told these will be priced up by tomorrow.

The bits and pieces are reasonable £30 for a 6" vise, used and not pristine, indexers from £30, various chucks etc.

On the machines there are quite few new lathes and some early ML7's and S7's that are untouched as bought in for refurb.

Only pricing I saw was for a couple of ML10's at £2,322 and £2,554 each and a VMA attachment for a series 7 at £2,000

Two shots of the machines for sale.

Two shots of what is on offer to the public.

I was told by the asset sales guy that machines will be sold at market value as there are the last to be produced and sold, there will be no more, his words, not mine.

There are some machines included in the plant like modified Myfords and couple of tatty 254's and one Mini-Kop and a couple of Mg12 grinders. You will have to see one of the asset guys over these to get a price.

All the good plant has already been sold. [ Hence my trip today <g> ]

John S.

John Stevenson

Offline jim

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 09:49:17 AM »
shame really
if i'd thought it through, i'd have never tried it

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »
Had an e-mail yesterday regarding this & RDG too, basically just saying not to venture down as you'd be disappointed!