Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Halo Three Cylinder Radial Engine

(1/5) > >>

John-Som:
Nobody was more surprised, or delighted than me when this little engine sprang into life. I still give it a regular run as I love to see those tappets bobing up and down. The engine was modified from the plans for the original five cylinder version as I just didn't fancy the task of making five of everything. Knowing what I know now it really wouldn't have been any more difficult.

One lesson I did learn the hard way is that there can be unexpected surprises when altering plans. My lack of forsight and planning resulted in me having to make a second cranckcase as I had omitted to correctly reposition crankcase fasteners.

JohnS

Bernd:
John,

Don't recall if this is your first engine, but either way nice job. :thumbup:

Bogs can be proud of his student. Very well done. Ok, now lets see the others that you have finished.  :headbang:

Bernd

Darren:
Who around here said newbie?

That engine and the loco are superb, I wish i was a newbie then I could climb to your level too.... :)

Very nice work John... :wave:

rleete:
Darren, I was thinking the same thing.   :clap:  What does that make us?  Pre-newbie?

Nice, I've always liked the Liney engines.  One I've been working on is a rip-off of their 2 cylinder horizontal wobbler.  I'll consider myself successful if I build all of their engines looking as nice as they do on the website.

Brass_Machine:
The Halo is probably in the top 5 of my favorite engines. I think it is just amazing to watch (and the sound!). I am going to buy the plans for the Halo and the RV-2 (the flat 4) and try to build them this summer.

Do you have any build pictures that you took during the process (besides the ones in the vid)? Did you do all manual or is there CNC involved?

Anyway, very very nice!

Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version