Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Thread Gauges

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darren:
Darn it, now I'll have to look up what a snap gauge is..... :)

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Darren on December 31, 2008, 01:25:54 PM ---Darn it, now I'll have to look up what a snap gauge is..... :)

--- End quote ---

If I remember right, I'm sure I'll be told if wrong.  :)

In the US were I worked they were a gage set at a certain distance between anvils for measureing. Our gages usally had a dial indicator (clock) on them. For example a gage would be set for .500". All you did was push the gage onto the round part and watch the dial indicator. That was usally set for the tolerences of plus and minus some quanity. It allowed you to check production parts faster than a standard micrometer. I'll look and see if i can find something on the net in the way of a picture.

Bernd

sbwhart:
Hi Bernd

What you described we would call a caliper gauge in the UK, The correct way to measure a thread to "Tailors Principle" is with a go ring and a no go gap. Now that's going to get you all going what's Tailors principle? well that's this weeks homework.  :D :)

Have Fun
 :wave:

Stew

Bernd:
Sorry I missed the home work assignment. :lol:

The snap gage I described was used only on round ground work. I've never seen a snap gage for threads.

There are only two ways of measuring threads I know of and that's as you said with a go, no-go gage and the three wire method.

Do I still need to do my home work?  :wave:

Bernd

sbwhart:
I'll give a B+ for that Bernd

:lol:

Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version