Home Base > Introductions

Hello Guys

(1/4) > >>

John-Som:
After lurking in the wings I thought maybe it was time I showed my face.  Known to some as Bog’s apprentice and to others as John S I’d just like to say hello to all you guys.  I am assured by both Bogs and Ralph that this is a good place to hang out and a site where the natives are definitely friendly. I am a bit of a late starter to the world of model engineering but thanks to Bogs have had an accelerated learning curve which has given me the enormous satisfaction of making little engines that actually work.

John S

Brass_Machine:
Hey John,

Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs. Bogs is a good mentor, wish I lived closer!

Anyway, feel free to post away!

Eric

Mustang:
Welcome JohnS.

You are in good hands with Bogs :clap:

Andy

bogstandard:
Hi John,

I didn't want to tell you about this safe haven, I wanted you to find it all by yourself. I wondered how long it would take you. I suppose Ralph pointed you in the general direction.

But I would just like to say that John still thinks he is a beginner, but is far from it.

I cannot describe my feelings to see just how well John has progressed in the two years we have been communicating by email. From basically a beginner who only knew the parts of the lathe by reading the manual, to someone who can redesign a plan completely, and get the engine to work (A 5 cylinder Liney Halo to a 3 cylinder one). A great feat on your part John, coupled with a lot of hard work to learn a new skill, and really master it.

I have now forgotten the number of emails, but John reminded me a couple of weeks ago that I still owe him a few.

A big welcome John.

John

Bernd:
I always seem late to the party. I went to The Tuesday Night train meet and I come back we've got a new memeber.

Well anyway a big MadModder welcome to you John S. I think you'll have fun here.

How about some pics of those engines in the Gallery? If Bogs is impressed with your work then you will have to show it or we are going to keep  :poke: until you do.  :)

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version