The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Computer Problems

<< < (2/2)

Bernd:
John,

I turned off the system restore and did aother scan. Nothing came up, all clean. So I'm thinking it must be either in the camera or the printer. The printer has the memory card port to plug it in.

Perhaps I'm being told to buy a new camera.  :D

I'm using the wifes camera in the mean time. she doesn't use it so I might as well use it. I just hope she doesn't find out or I'll get  :wack:  :hammer: several times over.  :lol:

Thanks for the heads up on the restore system. Never knew that.

Ian,

I cleaned the whole works out. I don't think the fan ever stopped. Some how it seems that computer takes a bit more power to do some things and it just over heats. I don't think they put a heavy enough power supply in it. It's just boarder line.

The camera is over 5 years old and like I told John, I think it's time to get a new one. I'm on the second printer, both being HP's Photo Smart's. I never up graded the software. Tried that once and it totaly screwed things up. I don't want to spend time trying to get the computer going. I've got enough headach's.

Everything is working for now so I'm not going to mess with it. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Bernd

bogstandard:
Bernd,

Printer software is the nightmare of computer users.

I have to turn off all my anti virus when installing the software for my all in one Epson, otherwise the scanner part won't work.

HP are renowned for putting all sorts of garbage onto your hard drive. All in a bid to get you to buy stuff on the internet, sharing photos and having prints made etc.

I usually get the latest drivers from their site and hope it comes down as bare bones, but if not, I try to not install most of the stuff by doing a custom install, but sometimes that doesn't work, they stick the stuff on your comp anyway. Then it is a matter of going thru and uninstalling the crap they stuck on there.

Why can't they just have a basic driver install, without all the garbage that no-one uses anyway.

John

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: bogstandard on December 29, 2008, 02:22:49 AM ---Bernd,

Printer software is the nightmare of computer users.

HP are renowned for putting all sorts of garbage onto your hard drive. All in a bid to get you to buy stuff on the internet, sharing photos and having prints made etc.

--- End quote ---

I hear that. I have been help my FIL install a HP all in one for a Doctor friend of his. Nightmare!

Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version