Gallery, Projects and General > Neat Stuff

Tool Grinder

<< < (5/5)

SPiN Racing:
OMG!!!!

I sooo want those.

Actually I have some key chains and avariety of Rotor shaped items.

But those engines are very very sweet.
Im quite impressed.
My best friend who is the Rotorhead who got me started back in 1988 is here looking over my shoulder.. and were both laughing.. and impressed.

MORE for the brain to process.

BTW.. OS Engines in Japan makes a Rotary R/C Aircraft engine as well. And it is classified as a .30 Cu In engine. One rotor.
I considered buying a couple of those rotors and making a 2 rotor. Or 3? Or 4?

Bernd:
Spin,

Here's a bit more info for your brain to absorb. The company I used to work for Gleason Works holds the original patent on the machines that cut and grind both the cylinder(?) and the rotor.

To bad the wankel never succeeded as a power plant for cars.

I was also going to mention that a wankel engine was available for the model airplanes. Also I believe there are/were some snowmobiles that are wankel powered.

Bernd

SPiN Racing:

--- Quote from: Bernd on January 03, 2009, 10:53:53 AM ---To bad the wankel never succeeded as a power plant for cars.

--- End quote ---

He he
Um
Mazda has had a rotary powered car or two, available since I believe 1968? Or 69. Starting with the R100, RX2, RX3, RX4, RX-5 Or 1st generation Cosmo, The REPU Rotary Pickup that Furd based the Courier on, the RX6 never appeared. The 1st, 2nd, and third generations of RX7 from 1978-1997(92-97 I think.. was only Japan and AU.. thanks Furd). The 2nd Generation of Cosmo late 80s to early 90s with a 3 rotor twin turbo, and the current Model the RX8.

In addition there are several snowmobiles with rotaries.
Suzuki had a rotary powered motorcycle for many years in the 70s.
SOme Russian company made rotary cars that were crap.

Osaki engines makes a small RC aircraft engine that is 1 rotor, and .30CU in.

There is a new karting company out there making a One rotor engine for karts, that I gather is tearing up the field.

There was a British car company that made rotary powered cars.. but Im mentally stumped atm on teh name.. but they were a flop. They were peripherally ported, so the powerband was up around 6-8K. ANd the Rotor seal technology wasnt so good back then, so they failed a LOT. Also the engine made negligible power down low, so you needed to rev the you know what out of it to get it to perform... and this was the day of the 900CC MG engines.

Also one last snippet..
Mazda, with a 4 rotor engine is the only non European manufacturer to ever win LeMans 24 hours. The car.. the 787B.

Oh yeah.. Im a bit of a Mazda rotary nerd.
I went to North Carolina from Florida one time for a Mazda gathering. At the time I had 12 RX-7s all in perfect working order at the house. Won a T-Shirt from Mazda North america for having the most running mazdas.
 :lol:

Darren:
And Don't forget Norton in the 80's, floored the track with em they did.... :clap:

HS93:
This may interest a few on hear sory it is off topic but it follows on from previouse posts. I found it interesting, there is plenty on the site to look at, good considering its a small company

http://www.parajet.com/

http://www.parajet.com/index.php?id=122

http://www.skycarexpedition.com/

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version