The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Help Please, I want to drive a 180 nm stepper manualley

(1/3) > >>

HS93:
Hi I have a 180Ncm - Hybrid Stepper Motor from arc http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Stepper-Motors/Stepper-Motors and I want to be able to drive it forward and reverse, I want to use it as a Power feed and to lift the head of a mill up and down, the reason is I have trouble turning high item or even reaching them, so a stand alone board that I can duplicate I have a couple of driver boards but I need to input a signal to them to make them move, I think it will be an ideal mad modder program as there have been lots of projects by modders making power feeds andup to now I have not seen this method used,

Thanks

:ddb: :ddb:  Peter   :ddb: :ddb:                                           :nrocks:

Brass_Machine:
Hiya Peter

Somewhere, I am gonna have to search, I have a schematic for a simple driver. It was provided by Craynerd... perhaps there is a thread... I will look.

Eric

HS93:
oops just spoted Craynerd post on the subject,              :doh:     but as it is 2 years old there may have been advances that may make it easeyer to do..

:ddb: :ddb:  Peter  :ddb: :ddb:                                                 :nrocks:

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=2417.0                                                

raynerd:
Hi Peter

Yes, I do exactly the same thing and it has worked really well and being busy with other projects, I`ve never really gone back to tidy it up as it works. That being said, it was my first true attempt at programming a PIC so I`m sure there are improvements that could be made to it. The only extra thing that I did to it was a limit setting function which is fantastic! You can set limits at either side of the work which means you can move from one side and back again, with the click of a button, just moving the travel as needed.

If you need any help let me know and I`ll do my best...

HS93:
Hi I have read all your post and most of it was on programing, have you any pictures info on the actual hardwear of the project Ie what it looks like inside what the boards are like and any circuits, i am ok building electronic items but hopless on the programming side so any help would be great.

PS also looked at your web site

:ddb: :ddb: Peter  :ddb: :ddb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version