Author Topic: I may need hellp  (Read 4456 times)

Offline krv3000

I may need hellp
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:10:15 AM »
HI all i have a problem with my lathe the crose slide feed nut on my lathe is broken I have priste a replasment but i dont want to by a replasment one as its made out of sum sort of cast aluminum i wood prefer a oue mad out of bronce the problem is that the origanal one has a split in it to ajus the back lash on the slide  and this has broken of hens a lot of play in the slide  this dus not stop me forom yousing the lathe but i wood want it reperd as soon as i can i have sum bonce bar  with a di of 1" witch can be yousd to make a new on with but no mens of macing one my self im in the norht  of the uk is ther any one in this part of the uk that can hellp  regards bob

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: I may need hellp
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 04:45:44 PM »
Bob,

What kind of lathe do you have?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 04:53:06 PM »
I'm not in your part of the world, but if no-one closer can help you just give me a shout.

What thread does the new nut need to be threaded? I have the standard metric course taps up to M12, and I can single point internal threads ( as long as they are metric, I havent got an imperial leadscrew yet ) but would need a section of the leadscrew to be able to match it to.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:20:24 AM »
HI thanks but ther lise the problem the lathe is a emco compact 8 origanel a part from the leadscrew  witch on mine is mm but on the cros slide its ther owen brand of acme thred wich is in imperial i think im just gowing to end up bying new one from emco witch im not that plesed  abawt as the replasment is only made out of sum sort of cast aluminume and at the price they wont  it shud be made out of gold    i will let you no wat hapens regards bob   

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 07:35:42 AM »
hi got a bit rong the cros slide nut cud be mm or usa ie inch her is the pic of the nut No3

Offline 75Plus

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »
Bob,

I believe your part is the same as used on the Grizzly G4000. The list the part for $9.25 USD which is about £5.50. Including postage I believe I could send you one for under £10.

Here is the page for the part. http://www.grizzly.com/products/G4000/parts/9

Joe

Offline krv3000

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »
HI joe thanks if you dont mind holding on for a bit and i will get back to you if i need you to get me one thanks for the hellp  :)

Offline websterz

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 09:26:30 PM »
Bob,

I believe your part is the same as used on the Grizzly G4000. The list the part for $9.25 USD which is about £5.50. Including postage I believe I could send you one for under £10.

Here is the page for the part. http://www.grizzly.com/products/G4000/parts/9

Joe

Good on ya' for offering to help Joe!!! :bow:
"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.  Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."
 :med:

Offline krv3000

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »
HI all thanks all for your hellp i have orded a new one  but wood of preferd one made out of sumthing beter than aluminume    onec a gane thank you all