Author Topic: My Turn to say Hi  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Stumpy

My Turn to say Hi
« on: June 03, 2011, 04:51:05 AM »
Hello All

Iv been hanging about for some time in the back ground on here and on a few other sites but i tend to not show my face but i like the manner on this site alot so im hoping to join in with you lot from time to time.

As for what i do and with what well im a steam and a IC engine man..   Iv got 2 traction engines under my belt just about all the Polly models kits all along with a few others as for my IC stuff loads of aero engines ( i cant help but tune some thing) but the models on the bench at this time is a 4" traction engine and a 30cc 4 stroke OHC flat twin with a super charger on just in case it needs one the hole engine is based on the Lynx 15cc.  Then once iv got that lot out of the way its going ot be a Hogson 9 radial or at most a take on that engine the casting and plans are on the self ready to go.

I'm very lucky with what is in my workshop. Iv got a very highly modded Chester 920, and X3 but my best machine has got to be my CNC mill with all the gizmo's quick tool change ect.

I do know that some think CNC is cheating but i like to use modern tools when ever i can laser cutting and wire eroding is to systems i like to use when ever i can as iv found what i learn at home well all ways come in useful at work 2 years of night school to learn to use CAD have been the best thing iv ever done.

Sorry for boring you

Stu

If i cant fix it ill know some one that can

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: My Turn to say Hi
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:07:44 AM »
Stu

Welcome to MadModder. I am glad to hear that you have liked what you have seen to date while browsing the forums. It sounds like you have a nicely equipped shop in which to craft your engines. If you have any questions just ask as there is always someone around to answer or at least give an opinion. Perhaps when you have the time you could post a few pictures of your shop and some of your engines to date. We look forward to your participation in the forum.

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 05:27:51 AM »
Hi and welcome  :wave:

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:03:30 AM »
Hello,

There is nothing wrong with cnc. Some people think that thre is no skill required w/ cnc, but that is misconception. I'm sure some still thinks that about revolver lahte :)

We like engines here. Any chance for some pics?

Wellcome,
Pekka

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 09:00:47 AM »
Hello and welcome  :wave: I'm sure that I speak for others when I say that we'd love to see some pics of your work  :worthless:  :lol:

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 06:14:03 PM »
Hi
Stu
Welcome to mad modders
You do know we like PICTURES  :worthless: :worthless: :D :D
John

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »
Hiya Stu  :wave:

Welcome to the collective :borg:

The X3 is a nice mill. Would like to have one myself. What do have for a CNC mill? We are CNC friendly here... I have one. A few of our mods have them.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Stumpy

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 03:15:10 PM »
Thank you all its good to feel loved some time's all thought some days i do fall out of love with my machines when dont't as there told

Iv done as you have all asked and add a few picture in the right places and there will be more to follow to help with you needs over the next few days.

Stu
If i cant fix it ill know some one that can