Author Topic: Big Hammer  (Read 3061 times)

Rob.Wilson

Big Hammer
« on: April 24, 2010, 02:55:11 PM »
Hi Lads

here are a few shots of were i have the good fortune to go and do a bit work ,once  a month  ;D , the lads are forging large diff gear blanks , using drop hammers , the site dose have steam hammers , but they now run them on air . when the hammer are in use the ground shakes , its facinating to see these lads in action , not a word spoken , too loud , The way they move lage lumps of red hot steel about

Regards Rob

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Big Hammer
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »
If what I believe is the hammer is... that thing is huge!  :bugeye:

Nice pictures. Love seeing stuff like that!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 03:17:16 PM »
Thanks for sharing that with us Rob, I bet that's a great place to be a part of  :headbang:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline chuck foster

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 03:37:38 PM »
i would need a bigger hammer than that to fit the parts i make   :lol: :lol: :lol:

all the same thanks for the pics rob, but is there any chance of seeing a video of it in action?????

chuck
hitting and missing all the way :)

former hmem member

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 03:45:40 PM »
Hi Eric , they have bigger ones  :dremel: thats 10 tonne they are dropping ,make a loverly thud when it whacks the job .

Darren , i do get sent to all the crap jobs  :D , every were thats ,noisey , black ,hot and generaly dirty ,,,,,,,,,,,,love it  :ddb: :ddb: :ddb: :ddb: ,  there machine shop is not bad too ,,, they still use a planner  :dremel: , its a good place to scrounge fire bricks and stuff to

Hi chuck , :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh i think they could make your part fit , :lol: :lol:,,,,,,,,,,,, Yep i will take some video

here is one of there gas furnaces ,, they do have induction ones ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but there not so much fun ,,,,,,,,,no flames  :lol: :lol:

I must take my camera a bit more on my travels

Cheers Rob