The Shop > Our Shop

Small Shop

<< < (5/6) > >>

John Stevenson:
Bogs,
Thanks for the explanation.
I think I'll stick with my trusty 6" rule, after all it's took me 52 years to be able to read this.

Bernd:
John,

As they say the grass is always greener on the other side until we get there.

Yes I may have a lot of space to work in but at times it can be a pain to keep tidy as you have seen from the pics. I just need a bit of organization in my life that's all. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. My dad is the same. He also has a work shop. You could fit 3 VW Bettles in it and still have room to work on the 4th.

Can't wait to see more pics of your workshop. It's always interesting to see. :thumbup:

Bernd

P.S. studied your pics you posted. That lathe is starting look like it's loaded for bear. (loaded for bear = has everything one would want to get the job done)

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Darren on December 22, 2008, 05:13:48 PM ---I see Bernd,

Tilley is a trade name here in the UK,

--- End quote ---

Ah I see. Just like Adalake and Dietz lamp companies. They made the railroad lanterns and depending what RR logo was stamped on the metal, etched on the gobe or had rasied letters on the globe and what color the globe is what makes them worth money. But like anything else that gets collected, it depends on how bad the buyer wants the item you have.

--- Quote ---Your reply made me look them up, I never thought they'd be worth something as they were made in their millions here.

--- End quote ---

Same here. Many were made, but like anything else only a few servive. I've seen what are called "presentation lanterns" go over $1500 to $3000. These are for the more serious collector. Also remember they don't make them any more.

--- Quote ---I guess most things are collectible these days....best not take my advice then Bernd.... :(

--- End quote ---

They will be sold one of these days. I probably won't be around to see it though.

Bernd

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Darren on December 22, 2008, 05:18:18 PM ---BTW, we are only jealous.... :(

Seems every time I see an American garage or workshop you can get at least four cars in it, if not six.....

--- End quote ---

Apperantley you must have been to the wrong neighborhood. I've seen garages like that with the cars parked outside because of all the junk in the garage. I kid you not about that.

Usally people who keep their cars in the garage don't have any sort of hobby or collect treasures.  :D

Bernd

John Stevenson:
Now for a laugh,
here's part of my shop  ::)

John_S

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version