Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Angle thingy....plate....

<< < (2/4) > >>

Darren:
The thing is Eric, I went looking for something specific. Didn't find it but did find something else that I just couldn't leave behind.
So I went somewhere else to find Mr Specific, and so on....I wasn't looking for a shaper, I was told the chap had a miller for sale...but there ya go...what would you have done?  :borg:

On welding, what welder do you have. I've had a few, took me a few to find one that worked...well they all worked but you know what I mean.... :dremel:
My last one was a dream to use, it looks like this new one will be similar, too early to tell yet...fingers crossed  :headbang:

Bernd:
Jessssssssssss I'm gone for a couple of hours to watch some shows on TV and you guys write up a storm.

Darren, nice job on that angle plate. Next time you cut angle plate like that make sure you lay both legs of the angle into the vise and start cutting on the 90 degree corner. That way the blade has a shorter cut and it's faster too. If you don't understand I'll show by taking a pic of mine as to how I cut angle stock. And that weld looks nice by the way..

I bought a Miller 210 MIG a couple of years ago. Had never welded before. I built a 7000lb gross vehicle weight trailer to haul things. Take a look at my web site here.

Ralph, your putting me on the spot here so late at night asking for something I use an angle plate for. Now I need to search the archives  :)

Bernd

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: Bernd on December 17, 2008, 10:28:46 PM ---Jessssssssssss I'm gone for a couple of hours to watch some shows on TV and you guys write up a storm.

--- End quote ---

That'll teach you to walk away!  :wack:

:borg: Resistance is futile  :borg:

Anyway, I have an el cheapo MIG welder. THIS ONE Got it for really cheap (free). Figured I could learn on it.

Eric

Bernd:
Ya I know resistance is futile. :borg: That's why I'm back on at 10:00PM to check on you guys. :lol:

Well hey the price was right. Mine was $900 more than the price on that. I also have a spool gun to do aluminum. Works quite well.

Bernd

Brass_Machine:
I want a miller! Or even a Lincoln. Gonna start saving for one.

So your miller can do aluminum? Very cool.

Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version