Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

What do I do with this stuff called wood?

<< < (2/4) > >>

John Stevenson:
Shove it on the fire and work in comfort with proper materials  :headbang:

bogstandard:
Darren,

I do have a brand new hand held belt sander, but since it's first use, where I ended up with big black burn marks and gouges out of a door frame, it has been consigned to the storage area marked 'BEWARE! woodworking thingies and only use when in dire need'. I think I will try the sanding sealer, followed by a good dose of rubbing down, then something to splat over the top to make it look shiny. But on the other hand, I did get acceptable results when I used epoxy coating on my wooden hulls. I might be able to get it onto the buffer to shine it up a bit.

John,

Great idea, only prob is, the gas fire doesn't like huge chunks of burny stuff being thrown at it.

It wouldn't even cremate the cat. Mind you, he did keep jumping off.

That just gave me a great idea :smart:, hit cat behind right ear with wood first :wack:.

Bogs

Darren:
John,

Hand belt sanders, I too have one of those, dreadful tools and do exactly as you describe, ruin everything it touches.... :hammer:

However, a bench mounted belt sander is a different animal altogether. The finish you can get with metal is astounding, but of course they work on wood too.

Those rusty parts I cleaned up on that lathe were done on a belt sander, that's how I did it so quick.

bogstandard:
I just might invest in one, and see if I can find a bit of space for it.

Bernd, no lack of space jokes please.

John

Darren:
The ones from B&Q are just fine, it's what I have. Just under a ton.
Save on posage at the same time  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version