Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

What do I do with this stuff called wood?

<< < (3/4) > >>

John Stevenson:

--- Quote from: Darren on December 15, 2008, 06:17:49 AM ---The ones from B&Q are just fine, it's what I have. Just under a ton.

--- End quote ---

Mines nowhere near as heavy as that.

kellswaterri:

--- Quote from: bogstandard on December 15, 2008, 06:00:56 AM ---I just might invest in one...
John

--- End quote ---

Hi John...If you are thinking of investing in a bench sander, make sure and get one with a sealed motor...they do not like metal or wood dust in their innards...been there and done it already.
                                                                                                John.

CrewCab:
Decent random orbital sander John ............ well Orbital sander and decent quality discs really

This is a good tool and adjustable between 5mm and 3mm orbit (stock removal and finishing)

Metabo SXE450  

Festool are very good, but about the dearest.

CC

Mustang:
John

Find a non-woodworking person and give it to him. :clap: On the other hand if you have a fireplace it makes a really nice fire.  Red oak, at least on this side of the pond, is open grain and normally requires a filler before you can get an excellent finish on it.  White oak is a different story, nice tight grain wood.  My father taught me not to work with bad wood.  :hammer:

Cheers,

Andy

Bernd:
Never thought of flycutting wood. Neat concept now that I have Bridgeport that'll get up in the rpm's I'll have to give that a try. Probably best to us HSS tools with a high rake angle.

And I promise no more space jokes.

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version