Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

What can I make this into?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Brass_Machine:
Looks like a good base for router table most definitely!

So what is the due date for that? 2 weeks?   :D :D :D

Eric

Bernd:
I think you must have missed my post on the Bridgeport quill fix.  :wack:

There's a large project, it involves wood and it goes in the kitchen. It's called a pantry and if I don't get this done in a timely fashion I will be able to send Brian Rupnow on HMEM my balls for his next governor. :bugeye:  :jaw:  :D  :D  :D

Serious now though. I'm thinking a CNC router with a Geko drive. The "Z" axis has about .900" travel. Hopefuly enough for doing routing. We'll see.

Bernd

Circlip:
Used to use one of these for checking position of holes in PCB's after press tool was made, (a bit late by that stage) ours had a projection type microscope head on the carriage and the X/Y movement was effected with leadscrews driven with hand wheels.

Wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to have a dual inch/metric switch cos it's a pulse counting circuit. If you're going to stay with Metric, forget centimetres and decimetres, they're only used in schools and for dressmaking, propper ingineers use Metres and millimetres.

Yep, your conversion has got to be a CNC router to die for, super stable Cast Iron bed, only possible problem is likely to be temperature stability, Chip board doesn't expand and contract much.

Regards   Ian.

bogstandard:
I used one of those machines in the mid 80's for programming (paper tape) American DIP and component inserting machines. The output from them could also be used for programming the bandoliering machines so that the correct component would be put in the correct hole on the circuit cards.

At a real push, the readout could be used for a standard X -Y setup, but as suggested, a very good candidate for a CNC router project, or hundreds of little engines.

John

Circlip:
American and bandoliering? strikes the GIM chord??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version