Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

What can I make this into?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bernd:
Ok, looks like CNC router it will be.   :mmr:

This has been placed on the bottom of the to do list. So it may be a while before I haul it out of the dusty corner again.

Bernd

Brass_Machine:
hmmm. gonna be enough to do circuit boards on? Could be an enterprising side business with all the 'makers' coming out of the woodwork.

Eric

:mmr:

bogstandard:
Eric,

I think you have the wrong end of the stick when it comes to the original use of the machine. It could be used for checking the hole positions on finished cards, or used to program other machines so that they could stick the right bits in the right holes. It was used by manually moving the pointer to a hole, push the probe into the hole on the card, and press a buttom. This then gave the x-y coords to the paper tape punching machine (only 8" and 5.25" floppies in those days), paper tape was the standard transfer of data method to machinery (an 8ft x 4ft x 2ft controller box with a paper tape reader has now been superceded by a 1/8" x 1/4" surface mount chip, and a couple of hair thickness wires).

So this bit of kit is now way out of date, and needs to be turned into something totally different.

John

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: bogstandard on December 12, 2008, 02:28:03 PM ---Eric,

I think you have the wrong end of the stick when it comes to the original use of the machine. It could be used for checking the hole positions on finished cards, or used to program other machines so that they could stick the right bits in the right holes. It was used by manually moving the pointer to a hole, push the probe into the hole on the card, and press a buttom. This then gave the x-y coords to the paper tape punching machine (only 8" and 5.25" floppies in those days), paper tape was the standard transfer of data method to machinery (an 8ft x 4ft x 2ft controller box with a paper tape reader has now been superceded by a 1/8" x 1/4" surface mount chip, and a couple of hair thickness wires).

So this bit of kit is now way out of date, and needs to be turned into something totally different.

John

--- End quote ---

Nope Bogs... I got that part. I was saying for after he gets his CNC router done.   :beer:

Eric

bogstandard:
Sorry Eric,

I got the wrong end of the stick as usual.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version