Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

What can I make this into?

(1/4) > >>

Bernd:
I guess this is a good place to put this.

I got this from a guy who knows my Dad. He just wanted to get rid of it. The following are a few pics of this thing and some ideas I have for it. Perhaps you might come up with a few that I might like better. :clap:

As you can see it's been sitting in the back corner of my basement for a while. If I remember right the guy told me it was used in a circuit board making company and used to check hole location. Which could be true. Notice the "wanna be" meter stick. It gives a scale prospective I hope.

The table is ground cast iron. It has "X" "Y" scales on it. The white handle is for the "Z" axis. It has a 60 degree point on the end to fit into holes. Everything is stainless steel. The only problem is that the scales read in meteric.

Here's a few more pics of it.

Here is my idea of what I could mod this table into.

1: router table
2: engine turning table (swirls on any material)
3: circuit board drilling table 9not much call for this)

Anybody got any other ideas?  :dremel:

Bernd

CrewCab:
Way to go Dad .......  :bow:   .......... CNC router table there  Bernd  :headbang:

To be fair the metric system is a piece of "waste water"  ::) ................ just go to bed repeating to yourself "10 - 25.4 - 304.8"    "10 - 25.4 - 304.8"  "10 - 25.4 - 304.8"  "10 - 25.4 - 304.8"   ........... and in the morning you will know the metric system off by heart  :thumbup:

CC

Darren:

--- Quote from: Bernd on December 11, 2008, 04:41:47 PM ---The only problem is that the scales read in meteric.

Bernd

--- End quote ---

Way to go, only system to use IMHO  :)

Bernd:

--- Quote from: CrewCab on December 11, 2008, 05:19:17 PM ---Way to go Dad .......  :bow:   .......... CNC router table there  Bernd  :headbang:

--- End quote ---

Every time I go back and look at it that's what I keep thinking too! Router table.  :thumbup:  :dremel:

--- Quote ---To be fair the metric system is a piece of "waste water"  ::) ................ just go to bed repeating to yourself "10 - 25.4 - 304.8"    "10 - 25.4 - 304.8"  "10 - 25.4 - 304.8"  "10 - 25.4 - 304.8"   ........... and in the morning you will know the metric system off by heart  :thumbup:

CC

--- End quote ---

It's just a measuring system, so......................

I remember an older gentleman at work had one heck of a time using meteric. He ried to convert all the lenghts of cable he had to make to inches. I told him if I gave him a rope with 100 knots in it and told him to make a cable 32 knots long would he be able to do that?  :scratch: But of course he said. I said so what's the difference in meteric? Same idea. I think what confuses most people is the milli-meter, the deci-meter and the centi-meter and the meter. No concept of there lengths in their mind.

OK, enough about meterics.  :wack:  :hammer:  :wack:  :hammer:

Bernd

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Darren on December 11, 2008, 06:02:34 PM ---Way to go, only system to use IMHO  :)

--- End quote ---

Darren,

Care for some metric scales and readout box. It's used equipment. How much to ship to the UK?

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version