The Shop > Software Tools

CAD recommendations

(1/7) > >>

j45on:
I need a CAD program,I have tried to learn CAD before and failed miserably  :palm: mainly because the software I purchased had no tutorials and I am thick  :lol: ( well it did but they cost as much as the software  :bang:)
So I need something easy to learn  :scratch: affordable,and ideally have some free tutorials What would you recommend ?

I have mach3 and cut2D (which is great) and I was planning to use inkscape but it has turned out to be inaccurate for measurements.

Brass_Machine:
ALIBRE.

Relatively inexpensive to buy ($199usd for the hobby package...sooo $1.00 after conversion to pounds sterling?  :lol: :lol:), easy to learn and is pretty powerful....

I use it. Quite a few people here do as well...

Eric

DaveH:
j45on,

Are you looking for 3D or just 2D.

DaveH

dickda1:
I use Adobe Inventor and Rhino - but these are expensive.

If you don't care about rendering a finished model, creating assemblies, parameterizing or inputs to CAD, you can get away pretty cheap.  This is especially true if you just want to create dimensioned 2D and 3D drawings for machining.

Have you tried the free version of Google Sketchup?  Free always gets my attention!

-Dick

John Stevenson:
At the present time there is no contest.

Solid works which is the main 3D modelling program but expensive, read 5K to license has released a cut down 2D version called Draftsight for free,
no strings attached, and nothing crippled.

Add to this they have put loads of tutorials on Youtube showing various features that you can't go wrong.

http://www.draftsight.com

John S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version