The Shop > Metal Stuff

Problem with my IE7

(1/3) > >>

bogstandard:
Many years ago, when I had a steam powered computer, I used to do all my own programming in Z80 machine code.

Unfortunately, the old brain cell can't keep up with the latest technology, and I have hit a slight problem with my IE7.

Before we start, I am NOT interested in changing over to another browser, it took me long enough to get used to IE, and I don't wish to go thru another learning curve.

So back to my problem.

I have just repaired my XP pro installation with a SP3 version, and everything works great.

EXCEPT when I open IE7, it autmatically loads a URL which then opens MSN homepage.

This URL kicks in straight away.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

This is the page that then loads.

http://uk.msn.com/?ocid=iehp

Now normally I just set my opening page to Blank, which I did (about one hundred times) but still this redirect kicks in.

Any ideas on how I get rid on this annoying little beastie, without learning how to reprogramme my brain?

Bogs

CrewCab:
John, ...............   I'm assuming you've done the standard "Internet Options" and set the home page to "Google" or whatever  :coffee:

CC

bogstandard:
Yep, done that, set to blank page.

Never had this trouble before, always worked and booted to a blank page.

Maybe I should just delete IE7 and download a new version from Microcrap.

John

Brass_Machine:
Sorry John... Can't help you with that. Even though I am an IT guy, I refuse to use IE. I will ask around though and see if anyone knows why.

Eric

CrewCab:
I usually boot to Google, but that's immaterial really ........... I tend to favour Firefox, though IE7 seems to have much improved security so it should be just fine.  I'm surprised you can't set a default home page ......... so ...........  your suggestion of disembowelling IE7 and reinstalling it seems a first class idea to me.  To be fair my machines seem to get serious pmt on an annual basis  :hammer: ...........  and a serious reinstall  :zap:  :med:  :smart:    ......... usually sorts them out .......... it's just so dam time consuming  :wack:

CC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version