The Craftmans Shop > General Crafts

Machinist Jewelery

<< < (3/4) > >>

andyf:
Well, when he started this thread, Wes said it spelled "love". Googling "morse ring love" threw up other examples, like these http://www.fatcowdesigns.com/Rings./Morse-Code-Titanium-Rings/c-1-99-137/ none of which seem to have the spaces. Without them, you could start reading anywhere, and perhaps get it to say something rude!

Andy

John Hill:
Yes the spacing is all awry,  the space between character elements is equal to one 'dit' length so those three dits we can see are far too far apart.  The space between characters  is equal to three dit lengths which is the same as one 'dah' length.  The only place in the word 'love' where there are three consequtive dits is in the letter 'V' so that bit of the ring we can see is part of the 'O' on the right followed (reading leftwards) by the 'V' and the 'E' almost out of sight to the left.

What the rings reads is a whole bunch of 'E's and 'T's.

geti:
We have done a few of the morse code rings with swear words and I agree with you about the spacing that the start of the letters should be more obvious so I'll adjust the spacing - thanks for pointing it out folks.  :thumbup:

Darren:
Ha, we got caught out eh ....  :lol:

Nice rings btw  :thumbup:

dsquire:

--- Quote from: geti on November 17, 2009, 11:37:48 AM ---We have done a few of the morse code rings with swear words and I agree with you about the spacing that the start of the letters should be more obvious so I'll adjust the spacing - thanks for pointing it out folks.  :thumbup:

--- End quote ---

Hi geti

Welcome to the MadMoodder Forum. It is nice to meet the face behind the mystery rings. It would be nice if you could show us a bit more about the beautiful rings that you make (without giving away trade secrets) when you have a chance. As you may have noticed,  :worthless: . If you have any questions feel free to ask as there is always someone around to give an answer or at least an opinion.  :ddb: :ddb:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version