The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Machining Bliss

<< < (3/3)

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Circlip on November 30, 2008, 03:13:02 AM ---Bernd, yer Orgasm got away with itself, .0002" Ain't two tenths of an inch, not even a Metric inch.   :smart:

--- End quote ---

Well lets see here .2" is two tenths of an inch, .02 is two hunderths of an inch, .002 is two thousands of an inch and .0002 is two ten thousands of an inch. Oh, I forgot to add the "ten" in that statement. Dam, I hate it when that happens.  :D

Bernd

Bernd:

--- Quote from: dsquire on November 30, 2008, 07:17:21 PM ---Bernd

Glad to see that you are using your mill and liking it. It is always a pleasure to use a good piece of equipment. :)

I look forward to watching for your engine building posts.  :wave:

Cheers

Don

--- End quote ---

It's goning to be a while before I get to that build.

It sure is a pleasure to have such a machine at home. Were I worked that Bridgeport would have been considered a mini mill.  :D

Bernd

Darren:

--- Quote from: Bernd on November 30, 2008, 08:58:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Circlip on November 30, 2008, 03:13:02 AM ---Bernd, yer Orgasm got away with itself, .0002" Ain't two tenths of an inch, not even a Metric inch.   :smart:

--- End quote ---

Well lets see here .2" is two tenths of an inch, .02 is two hunderths of an inch, .002 is two thousands of an inch and .0002 is two ten thousands of an inch. Oh, I forgot to add the "ten" in that statement. Dam, I hate it when that happens.  :D

Bernd

--- End quote ---

That makes me secure in knowing I made my choice to convert my lathe to metric, thanks Bernd  :wave:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version