The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

<< < (3/15) > >>

Brass_Machine:
Stickied this topic!

Eric

bogstandard:
The other early morning after another sleepless night, Skype chirped up and Steve (Cedge) was on the other end.

Thru Skype, he had noticed I was up and about and decided to give me a call.

There was my wife and myself, in our dressing gowns at 4am in the morning, the wife making coffee, me talking to a chap about all sorts of things, whom I have never met in person, and on another continent.

Now if that isn't a good enough reason to get yourself onto Skype, I don't know what is.

John

Bernd:
John,

What all does this entail, such as do you need a camera, mic, special board, software?

Bernd

bogstandard:
Bernd,

You can get away with just a cheap webcam with a built in mike and Download Skype, which is free.

Doing it that way you listen thru your PC speakers.

I have a cheap set of headphones with a small boom mike, that way it doesn't annoy the rest of the family by having it coming over the speakers, just me talking to myself in the corner.

Skype can do all the settings for you, and even has a test where you can check out your webcam and mike.

You should be able to do it for under 20 bucks.

You can do it without the cam, just a headset with a mic.

John

sbwhart:
Hi John

This skyp thing looks usefull I've had a head set for some time and down loaded skyp onto my machine I've conected the head set:---------------what know.   :zap:

Help

Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version