Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

MINI LATHE SPINDLE INDEXING ATTCHMENT

<< < (2/4) > >>

cedge:
Cedge dose indeed have such a modification.... nice hint CC...LOL.  Soooo... I hadda run out to the cold shop and shoot some photos.  :(

Gerald...
One suggestion for you. Notice I moved everything outside the gear box cover. Your idea is sound and looks easily adaptable to outer mounting. This lets me use it with a minimum of fuss. It stays on the machine all the time now and I don't have to remove the cover to get to it. The hand wheel was added later to let me have a way to hand turn threads... if I ever get around to turning threads....LOL

I'm also looking at another idea or two where the indexing is done on the cross slide. Much easier to get at the edge of a work piece. The drill bit would be located in the lathe chuck.

I noticed your Dremel mod . I quickly found the snout mount was not quite stable enough and had to add a more substantial mount to hold it steady while drilling. I'll post photos later.

Understand.... I'm not being in any way critical of your efforts. I'm only sharing what time and experience taught me... old school bloody knuckle style. If it saves you from a problem then the scars are worth it...LOL

Steve

Darren:
Really dig the pen holder Steve, I'll have to make one of those  ::)

Divided he ad:
Well I understand the dividing head bit.... I was running through in my head spinning the lathe up to speed and trying to figure out what it would do then.... Break probably!!  ::)

I had not thought of using my lathe for such, suppose that's why I brought a RT with dividing plates for my mill!
If this does more than that can I'll ponder such a build.... You know add it to the 'list'  :coffee: (might be a whilethough... Haven't needed the ones for the mill yet!)

Still at least this stops another member from asking a silly question ehh!?   :)

Ralph

It can't be that cold out there Steve!?  :D ... Try hacksawing some 1/2" plate... Sure warmed me up last night!!  :thumbup:

cedge:
Ralph
Don't get old....LOL.  The saw bones put me on blood thinner meds about 4 years ago and I've not been warm past late October since. I'm good down to about 40°F and then my damned feet get cold. Once they are cold.... I'm cold....(sigh)

Time was when I was good to go from about 10° to 105° F.... now I'm only good for 40° - 95°F. This getting old sh*t ain't for sissies....(grin)

I've got a number of ways to index, now. Between a recently acquired used Spin indexer and a used  RT, the lathe indexing do dad and my handy do all indexing table, I can usually get there, one way or another.

Steve

CrewCab:

--- Quote from: cedge on November 22, 2008, 03:11:56 PM ---The saw bones put me on blood thinner meds about 4 years ago and I've not been warm past late October since.

--- End quote ---

Dam ..  that's what's wrong ......... and I've been trying to tweak the Central Heating to get a few extra degrees out of it  ::)

Your right Steve, there's no fun in getting older  :bugeye:

CC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version