The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Battery questions

<< < (3/3)

andyf:
Jason, I watched the vid. If that's the size of garden you want your vehicle to roam around, something more than milliamps per hour will be needed.
:lol:

Andy

picclock:
Have you considered using the same battery for motive power and video - all the bits running off of one power source ?

This would ease your space requirements, and if the traction battery voltage is higher would allow the use of a small switch mode psu for the camera.

Something like :

http://uk.farnell.com/national-semiconductor/lm2675m-3-3/switching-reg-1a-3-3v-smd-2675/dp/9489800

could probably be made about the size of a thumbnail, around 6-8mm thick. This one works with an input of 6.5 to 40v.

The advantage of this is that the high voltage current is much lower than the camera current (so for a 12v supply a current of 120mA would be converted to 3.3v @400ma), and no power is wasted in heat. Also only one battery to charge.

Hope this helps

picclock

j45on:
Thanks for all the good info guys  :beer:

Andy I wish my garden was that big but I don't think this vehicle will run outside I tested it today and it manages carpet all right but it is crap on grass and rolls over if i try to climb anything  :(.

Picclock I am using two batteries from my rc helecopter one for drive motors and speed controler and the other for the radio and when my servos arrive a small pan and tilt for the camera.
There should be plenty of capacity left for the camera and transmitter so I shall look into building a 3.3 reg

EDIT: I have had a chance to wire up all the transmitter and receiver bits today and could not get any of it to work  :zap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version