Home Base > Announcements & Issues

Bog's thread

<< < (3/3)

Bernd:
Eric,

Forgot you were looking for a job. Glad you got one finally.  :beer:

Mind you I'm not complaining about the place. I'm just trying to give some feed back as to what's happening. If I can't get in right away I come back later and try again. I know it ain't easy running one of these things.

I'm with Bog's in trying to get some of the other sections up and running. Unfortunetly I don't have any good ideas other than word of mouth.

Keep up the good job. From what I see it looks like it's gotten a bit busier and a few more joined, so perhaps word is getting around.

:mmr:                                                                                                                     :mmr:

Bernd

Darren:
Eric,
Johns right,
The site is fine and I'm sure we are all glad you took the trouble to set it up for us.
Forums are painfully slow at first, maybe for even a year or so.
The one easy way to attract more people is more posts, but even better, more subjects for them to find in Google.

Google will catch up quite quickly when a new topic is posted now that it's indexing this place.

We have quite a few subjects on the boil now and I believe we all add our own little something/subject.

One of the things that attracted me was the fact that this place wasn't your typical model engineering forum.

Nothing against model engines and such, honest !!!  :bow: Just wasn't what I was needing right now.

Darren

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: Darren on November 21, 2008, 12:26:11 PM ---Eric,
Johns right,
The site is fine and I'm sure we are all glad you took the trouble to set it up for us.
Forums are painfully slow at first, maybe for even a year or so.
The one easy way to attract more people is more posts, but even better, more subjects for them to find in Google.

Google will catch up quite quickly when a new topic is posted now that it's indexing this place.

We have quite a few subjects on the boil now and I believe we all add our own little something/subject.

One of the things that attracted me was the fact that this place wasn't your typical model engineering forum.

Nothing against model engines and such, honest !!!  :bow: Just wasn't what I was needing right now.

Darren

--- End quote ---

Darren,

Thanks for the kind words. But I think we were talking about the actual speed of page loads and things like that.

I got a few things I still need to do to get this place to show up on google searches and stuff. Not too worried about it right now. I like the pace we are growing at right now. The other issues are ofc technical issues I am working through. No biggie. Will better on the dedicated server. Model engines are great (addictive too)... but there is another site for them. I want this to be a broad place of like minded people to gather for other things. Model engineering is one of them. The big stuff like bikes and cars. Cool things like what you are doing with the tubes. Basically for people who create, craft and mod!

Eric

Darren:
Umm, I see,

I wasn't aware that the site was slow, loads pretty instantly for me even the pictures?

Just for the record...... :thumbup:

PTsideshow:
Yep have to agree that it always loads up fast for me also, other than the occasional comcastsuc problem and their high speed seems to be just slow some days  :D Squirrels in the tread wheel must be tired.
glen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version